From your first call, making the arrangements, through to the funeral itself, we look after you and your loved-one. And we’ll stay in touch in the days that follow too.
Having been established in the Stamford area in 2007, Andrew Woodhouse Independent Funeral Directors is the only truly family owned and run funeral firm in the Stamford area. In 2006, Andrew trained with an independent family run funeral directors who have a reputation for excellent customer service. Attention to detail and always putting the needs of family first are hallmarks of Andrews’s business. He operates a 24-hour call-out service seven days a week and has a private chapel of rest at his premises at Great Casterton, Stamford.
The funeral services we provide include »
- Bringing your loved one into our care
- Liaising with hospital staff, coroners, and doctors on your behalf, if required to do so
- Visiting you in the comfort of your own home to discuss arrangements
- All types of funeral service, from traditional to the contemporary, including church services, cremation, burial and green burial
- Liaising with ministers and celebrants on your behalf
- We can arrange music, order coffins and flowers, place notices in local papers and arrange for the printing of orders of service, if required. We can also handle donations on your behalf and help you to arrange refreshments after the service, if you need us to.
- We offer a choice of transportation on the day, provide bearers, and also supply and collect attendance cards, so you know who was at the service
- Completion and delivery of paperwork and all administration
- Andrew to conduct the funeral on the day, collecting you from home first and returning you afterwards, or to the refreshments venue, if required
- You will be able to contact us and arrange to come to our Chapel of Rest if you wish to spend time with your loved one. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays, 9am–6pm
- You don’t have to worry about finding somewhere to park when you visit, as there is ample room on site
- Our after-care service includes a telephone call to see how you are and ensure the funeral went as well as you hoped. We’re here if you should need us at any time and you are always welcome to pop in for a cup of tea and a chat
- We can arrange for the interment or scattering of cremated remains, and help and guide you in your choices. There is a nominal fee for this service but it includes a solid oak Norfolk casket or scatter tube. Although you will, of course, need to pay interment fees to the appropriate authority, as well as minister or celebrant fees, etc. if required.
Our fees »
As a small, family-owned company, rather than a corporation, we don’t have the expense of high-street premises and other overheads associated with big businesses, so those cost savings are passed down to you.
We are open and honest about our fees, provide excellent value for money and don’t try to ‘upsell’ services or provide you with products you don’t need. We don’t have ‘grades’ of service or packages to choose from. We simply start with a basic fee, as detailed below, and include additional costs if required. We will provide you with a written estimate and won’t change or add anything unless requested by you to do so.
Our funeral service fee of £1,850, includes:
- Bringing your loved-one into our care from the place of death to our chapel of rest
- Visiting you in your own home to discuss arrangements and give advice on registration
- Liaising with medical staff, authorities, clergy or celebrants
- Caring for your loved-one and use of the chapel of rest
- An oak veneered coffin
- The attendance of a trained and experienced Funeral Director throughout proceedings
- The handling of donations on your behalf
- The collection of cremated remains, if required
- A hearse and bearers
In addition to our funeral service fee, you will have disbursements. These are the costs we pay on your behalf, which can include fees for doctors, cremation, use of churches, interment, ministers or celebrants, flowers, orders of service, newspaper notices, service recordings, etc.
All disbursements and associated costs are discussed in advance, so there are no nasty surprises when we invoice you. Our business is built on trust and respect. So, unlike most funeral directors, we don’t ask for disbursement fees in advance. All we ask is that families settle their final invoice with us within 14 days of the funeral.
Why independent? »
It is our belief that our independence from any larger corporation allows us the necessary flexibility and personal involvement required to provide a truly personal service. It also makes our service directly relevant to the circumstances of the clients and promotes a greater commitment to the community at large.
Our standard of service »
In 2007 Andrew Woodhouse Funeral Directors fulfilled all the criteria to become a member of the Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors and have gone from strength to strength since. If you would like to talk to Andrew and his team about any aspect of the death of a loved one he can be contacted on 01780 751719.
Other products and services »
We can arrange for the interment or scattering of cremated remains, and help you to choose and order caskets and headstones, if required. Please contact us for details.
Funeral plans and advance wishes
We have pre-paid funeral plans to suit all requirements and budgets. So please do contact us for further details.